April winner: Torquemada
Answers to the April quiz are listed below. Please note, these are not necessarily exhaustive - there are probably alternative answers to some of the questions (which were taken into account).
Thanks to Balrog for the questions :-)
- Who protects Shamaroth and what from?
Nekojin mercenaries, from orcs.
- Who enforces the law in Zavier?
- Where would you listen to the melodies of a harp player?
Broken Rock, Heartbreak Hotel.
- From where would you look west to the home of a necromancer?
Orc castle in Athenae.
- Who is Cidri's top fighter?
- Which feared demonic forces live happily in a small cottage in Mimbre?
The four horsemen of the Apocalypse.
- Where could you prove your strength by challenging Brian the Brawler?
- Which town is famously older than Nanvaent?
- Where might you be getting off lightly to be ambushed, stripped of your belongings and thrown in a cell, and what worse might happen?
Drow, be assassinated.
- What sort of lighting is predominant in skavnet?
Eerie green glow from walls.
- What might you ride into clouds?
A pegasus (to Librat).
- Which dark-elf hero is immune to magic?
- Who would make you a knight?
- Which two types of gambling are most prolific?
Nanvaent lottery and wolf racing.
- Which bouncer won't let you into a club in Grudul without paying at the door?
- How could you win money beating up monks, elementals and knights?
Go to Athenae arena.
- Who wanders about in the mountains and might crush you without noticing?
- What sort of creature guards the entrance to the fort maze?
- Who might pick your pocket to add to their bags of gold?
- Where would you do battle with a sea-monster?
The South Seas or Twee mere.